Software Engineer (Entry)
About the Role:
Consunet is looking for multiple Software Engineers who enjoy problem solving and working with cloud native technologies – some of the fastest growing open-source projects to deliver innovative Defence focused software products. Several roles are available, requiring a range of skills with varying levels of experience from Graduates through to experienced Software Engineers.
Successful candidates will be part of a variety of project teams delivering and changing the way software capability is delivered to the Australian Defence Force. As a valued team member, you will be designing and developing full stack software applications using modern cloud native web technologies and frameworks.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be:
- Part of a team applying Agile software engineering best practices.
- Designing and implementing software architectures and solutions adopting the latest industry and cloud native technologies.
- Implementing and testing software using cutting-edge technologies and frameworks.
- Using DevSecOps principles, including Continuous Integration and Delivery to automate development and deployment processes.
- Researching modern technologies and frameworks for developing new software modules.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Researching, advising and recommending novel technical solutions.
- Developing and applying coding standards and operating procedures.
- Conducting peer/code reviews.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Formal engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline.
- Experience in any of the following:
- Evolutionary Architectures (e.g. Microservices).
- Cloud-native technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.).
- Programming languages including; Java, Python, NodeJS.
- DevSecOps principles, practices and tools (e.g. GitLab, SonarQube, JFrog products, etc.).
- Enterprise search tools (e.g. Elasticsearch, Apache Solr).
- Geospatial servers (e.g. GeoServer).
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards (e.g. WMS, WFS, etc.).
- Containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Podman, etc.).
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.