- Provide Machine Learning practices to the Defence Industry
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
- Rapidly growing 75+ person Australian owned company, multiple roles
About the Role:
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
Being an Applied Scientist, you will have a post-grad degree within Machine Learning, Pattern Matching, Data Science, and have an interest in software engineering and problem solving. You will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of Python programming skills including experience with Pytorch, TensorFlow, NumPy, Panda and Matplotlib. Essentially you will have a considerable comprehension of Mathematics, especially statistics, vectors and matrices, optimisation, and complex algorithm development and the ability to link these to modelling and machine learning. Additionally, you have been exposed to the training and testing of machine learning models, including data preparation, data leakage and performance assessment. You will have demonstrable experience with Neural Network based technologies and understand Model based and Model free based approaches, with the familiarity of building models within an R&D environment. You are an adaptable individual who can communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable with presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences such as internal and external stakeholders.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Background in Radar, EW or Comms
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Government/Defence Industry experience
- Recommending and designing technical solutions
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation
- Implementing and testing software using edge technologies and frameworks
- Experience working in teams applying Agile software engineering best practices
- PhD strongly preferred, however established equivalent expertise will be considered
- Flexible working hours.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Friendly culture and work environment.
- Monthly company dinners and social activities.
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Personalised training and development plans for employees to develop their skill set and career progression.
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
About the Company:
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare (IW) projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development (R&D) and collaboration emphasis, implements agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.