- Leading-edge Defence capability delivery
- Rapidly growing Australian enterprise
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
You will play a central role in the development and ongoing management of project and program Master Schedules (ie, CMS/IMS), including resource profiles and critical path analysis. You will analyse project information and cost data to monitor project performance, report costs variances, and schedule the progression of Product and Activity Work Breakdown Structures (WBS). You will assess the efficiencies and effectiveness of linkages within Product Work Breakdown Structures (PWBS), Contract Work Breakdown Structures (CWBS) and supporting data dictionaries. Routine reports will be necessary within your role, as will maintaining and providing the quality assurance of data records. One of your main foci will be structuring and maintaining relevant project information, and ensuring its accuracy and quality, including the standardisation of file structures and data models. You be responsible for mentoring, advising, and assisting project management personnel in relation to the use of current industry best practice schedule tools and project scheduling reporting methodologies.
You are an Australian citizen with an outstanding attention to detail. You have a background in scheduling using Microsoft Project or similar project management tools. Ideally, you have spent some time in the Defence sector and understand the Defence Capability Lifecycle (CLC), or have an interest in gaining a much deeper understanding of how acquisition and sustainment work breakdowns, deliverables and milestones are managed for defence projects.
You have strong interpersonal abilities and enjoy liaising with internal and external stakeholders. You are able to identify, define and allocate project activities. You have a logical approach to working, are an organised individual, and relish the challenge of making sense out of ambiguity. You are able to prioritise workflows and define accurate and achievable deadlines. You have experience working in cross-functional organisations and/or with multi-disciplinary agile development teams, and are used to accommodating changes in priorities and resource availability. You will have experience in applying a risk management framework.
Your excellent written and verbal communication skills allow you to collaborate and transfer knowledge across teams, mentor less senior staff, and interact with internal and external stakeholders. You are adaptable and are comfortable presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Australian Citizenship (for defence security reasons, this role cannot be offered to permanent residents or VISA holders)
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of project management principles.
- Project Scheduling experience.
- Experience with service management processes and solutions with complex functional needs.
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with an eagerness to expand knowledge.
- Current data management experience, either associated with schedule management and/or project data.
- Flexible working hours located in the Adelaide CBD
- Attractive remuneration.
- Friendly culture and work environment.
- Monthly company dinners and social activities.
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Personalised training and development plans for employees to develop their skill set and career progression.
About the Company:
Consunet’s delivers world-leading highly trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare (IW) projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong Research and Development (R&D) and collaboration emphasis, implements agile software development and robust management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for Defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.