Software Test/QA Engineer
- Rapidly growing Australian owned company, multiple roles
- Apply industry best practices to our Agile delivered projects
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
As a Consunet Software Test Engineer you will work within a multi-disciplinary team of professionals helping to shape and deliver state-of-the-art software solutions for our Australian Defence Force customers. As part of an integrated project team, you will be undertaking testing activities across advanced software technologies including the development of the test strategies, test plans and performing test executions to verify and validate project requirements. As part of your role, you will be responsible for developing a project wide test framework, enhancing test procedures, and establishing test environments. Reporting and testing software defects will be crucial as you will identify potential software vulnerabilities and apply company testing standards ensuring compliance with a focus on high quality outcomes.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Software Engineering and/or Computer Sciences
- Knowledge on defining and writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience with all aspects of testing Agile project delivery outputs including identifying and evolving effective test processes to meet evolving needs, establishing metrics and accurate reporting.
- Understanding Atlassian Jira or similar agile software management systems and have familiarity in the creation and maintenance of automation frameworks and scripting for conducting test executions.
- You are adaptable, have well developed communication skills, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences such as internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with stakeholder management and be comfortable with regular client interaction designing solutions for business needs.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Test Engineering Certification (ISTQB Foundation Certificate).
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working in multi-discipline development teams.
- Ability to contribute to elevating testing processes across the organisation.
- Experience and knowledge working with Continuous Integration software tools and source control.
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, capable of priming major Information Warfare (IW) projects as a trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development (R&D) and collaboration emphasis, implements agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted within everything we do.