- Linux, Multiple Distributed Networks, Defence
- Rapidly growing Australian owned company, multiple roles
- Attractive salary package, flexible working conditions
About the Role:
Consunet is looking for multiple Systems Engineers who will be working on the development and maintenance of engineering artefacts through the full engineering life-cycle from requirements definition, through to the design, integration, verification, validation, and support system components. You will be working within a stakeholder landscape to mature, develop and adapt requirements to assist projects in achieving customer satisfaction. Several roles are available, requiring a range of skills with varying levels of experience.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Engineering and/or Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Experience of designing and documenting software-based systems and verification and validation of systems against their requirements.
- Understanding of systems engineering fundamentals and be able to demonstrate the management of system requirements, elicitation, and development of system specifications.
- You will have a keen eye at identifying and addressing engineering risks and issues as well as the ability to lead and contribute to System Reviews and System Verification activities.
- You are adaptable, communicate fluently, both orally and in writing, and are comfortable presenting complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage small project teams to deliver high quality outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills allow you to collaborate and transfer knowledge across teams, mentor less senior staff, and interact with customer stakeholders.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 2 years’ experience in systems engineering.
- Formal engineering qualifications in a related technical discipline.
- Experience in the Defence domain and knowledge in the application of ASDEFCON.
- Experience with the development of System Engineering artefacts such as ISO 15288:201.
- Experienced in the management of system requirements, elicitation and development of system specifications.
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.