- Growing Australian owned company
- Exposure to modern and cloud native technologies
- Attractive salary package, flexible working hours
About the Role:
Consunet is seeking a UX/UI Design who has a natural creative flair and passion for developing visual, intuitive, and modern User Interface designs. As a key team member, the UX/UI Design Lead will work with the management team and a talented force of software engineers and subject matter experts. There will be exposure to modern and cloud native web development frameworks and languages including Angular and Java.
To be considered for this role, you must be an Australian citizen.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Work in project teams using Agile software engineering methodologies and DevSecOps tools, principles and practices in the delivery of software products.
- Design User Experience and User Interfaces for innovation, enhancements, and new functionality from stakeholder feedback.
- Design and develop UI implementations for digital applications, with outputs in Angular.
- work with key stakeholders to identify changes and opportunities that will improve business outcomes via proven methodologies.
- Collaborate with project engineering teams to collate and prioritise user requirements.
- Write User Stories, describing technical system interactions.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained (e.g. requirements, design library, testing, interface, user guides and related artefacts)
- Work with teams to analyse project and organisational requirements and transform these into workflows, diagrams and story boards.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical UX/UI Designer and Lead.
- Experience using tools for UX/UI and visual design (Angular, GIS, OpenLayers).
- Experience with DevSecOps tools (GitLab, SonarQube, JFrog).
- An understanding of how UI design is implemented across responsive web interfaces.
- Experience in the development of a visual communication strategy and an understanding of best practice in user-centric design.
- Experience in rapidly mocking design concepts using wireframe and low fidelity prototyping to test with relevant stakeholders and progressively mature designs based on feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to collaborate with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered, candidates will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility requirements can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva.
Benefits working for Consunet:
- A workplace that believes in innovation, quality, and a work-life balance.
- Flexible, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Salary packaging options.
- Career and skills progression through training and development to team members.
- Access to cutting-edge technology, research, and agile project management practices.
- Mentoring and support from our experienced team members.
About the Company:
Consunet is headquartered in the Adelaide CBD with operations in Adelaide, Edinburgh (SA) and Canberra. A level of flexibility is generally offered with respect to work location. If you have specific requirements, please discuss them during your interview.
Our people create world-leading trusted cyber and spectrum security technology solutions that safeguard our customers’ interests. As a 100% Australian-owned and operated corporation, Consunet strives to be the country’s leading sovereign cyber and spectrum security solution developer, and trusted industry partner to the Australian Defence and cyber security communities. The company has a strong research and development and collaboration emphasis, implements Agile development and management processes, and has a proven track record of delivering and sustaining in-service operational capabilities for Defence and commercial customers. Our vision “to build the Australian cyber and spectrum security future” is firmly rooted in everything we do.